Gibe sentence example
- The Thracian spearmen, who were watching him from the door, began to gibe at his cowardice.
- He always adds the little gibe about the fact that I own a tobacconist 's in Swansea.
- He always adds the little gibe about the fact that I own a tobacconist's in Swansea.
- Whom have you got there dressed up as a Hungarian? said the commander with an austere gibe.
- His well-known gibe, " Here's to the noble Critias," attests his strength of mind at the hour of death.'Advertisement
- This is an intuitionalist touch, or a parallel to intuitionalism, and has called forth a gibe from that very confident ratiocinator, J.
- "He shall come in like a fox, reign like a lion, die like a dog," is a gibe wrongly held to be a prophecy of his unfortunate predecessor.