Giardia sentence example
- Even water that looks clean and clear can be contaminated with Giardia or other nasties.
- Giardiasis is caused by the protozoan Giardia lamblia which infects the small intestine.
- This occurs mainly with parasitic infections (such as Giardia) or when people have altered immunity (such as AIDS).
- The diarrhea is usually caused by opportunistic infections of the digestive tract; the most common disease agents are Cryptosporidium parvum, Giardia lamblia, Campylobacter, or rotaviruses.
- Parasitic infections that cause gastroenteritis are most commonly caused by Giardia, which is easily spread through contaminated water and human contact.Advertisement