Ghettos sentence example
- The walls of the ghettos had been cast down, but the Jews could find no entry into the comity of nations.
- The result was riots in black ghettos in East Coast cities.
- Social decay in Scotland tends instead to be concentrated in the white, mono-cultural, predominantly working-class ghettos of the peripheral housing estates.
- Some ghettos (as in Moravia) were actually not founded till the 18th century, but the careful observer can perceive clearly that at that period the ghetto was a doomed institution.
- The anti-social tendency of these councils expressed itself in the infliction of the badge, in the compulsory domicile of Jews within ghettos, and in the erection of formidable barriers against all intercourse between church and synagogue.Advertisement