Ghee sentence example
- The principal staples include wheat, oilseeds, raw cotton, indigo, sugar, molasses, timber and forest produce, dry-stuffs, ghee, opium and tobacco.
- In this primeval, or rather timeless because ever-proceeding, sacrifice, time itself, in the shape of its unit the year, is made to take its part, inasmuch as the three seasons - spring, summer and autumn - of which it consists, constitute the ghee (clarified butter), the offering-fuel and the oblation respectively.
- The adult women would be making ghee from the milk and preparing food.
- Besides coffee there is a large trade in durra, the kat plant (used by the Mahommedans as a drug), ghee, cattle, mules and camels, skins and hides, ivory and gums. The import trade is largely in cotton goods, but every kind of merchandise is included.
- If he marries, it is to have children who may celebrate them after his death; if he has no children, he lies under the strongest obligation to adopt them from another family, ` with a view,' writes the Hindu doctor, ` to the funeral cake, the water and the solemn sacrifice.'" "May there be born in our lineage," so the Indian Manes are supposed to say, "a man to offer to us, on the thirteenth day of the moon, rice boiled in milk, honey and ghee."Advertisement
- On other occasions also Vamacharis commonly offer animal sacrifices, usually one or more kids; the head of the victim, which has to be severed by a single stroke, being always placed in front of the image of the goddess as a blood-offering (bali), with an earthen lamp fed with ghee burning above it, whilst the flesh is cooked and served to the guests attending the ceremony, except that of buffaloes, which is given to the low-caste musicians who perform during the service.
- Flour, potato-flour, ghee and ghoor (crude datesugar) are revealed by their odour and the consistence they impart.
- My husband didn't know I wasn't using ghee anymore he said ' are you sure?
- In a large saucepan or frying pan, gently heat the ghee or oil.
- Data on butter include ghee, which is liquid butter clarified by boiling.Advertisement
- In the meantime Vibondaka had returned to his ashrama, and saw this lady sitting there offering ghee into the fire.
- Use only enough ghee (melted butter) to last your Puja (period of worship ).
- The food here is spicy and is served with large amounts of ghee.
- Cholesterol laden ghee (a form of butter) forms the basis of nearly every dish, and cream, paneer (an Indian style soft cheese similar to cream cheese) and cream are used in many dishes.
- They meet a bride-to-be who has spent the past two months in a so-called "fattening hut," where she drinks ghee all day in an attempt to gain weight before her wedding.Advertisement
- The important exports are gums and resin, fibre, hides, ivory, ostrich feathers, coffee, ghee, livestock, gold ingots from Abyssinia and mother-of-pearl; the shells being found along the coast from Zaila to beyond Berbera.
- Such a post set up by the priests is a god, is thrice anointed with ghee (or holy butter), and being set up beside the fire is invoked to let the offering go up to the gods .2 It is not always easy to mark off consecration from inspiration.