Gezira sentence example
- The northern part, where the two Niles approach nearer one another, is also known as El Gezira, i.e.
- It is the chief depot for grain raised in the Gezira, has oil and soap works, and is a thriving commercial centre, being on the main trade route between Khartum and Abyssinia.
- The fork between the White and Blue Niles, the Gezira, is also fertile land.
- South of the Gezira is Sennar, a wellwatered country of arable and grazing land.
- The Jaalin, Hassania and Shukria inhabit the country between the Atbara and Blue Nile; the Hassania and Hassanat are found chiefly in the Gezira.Advertisement
- At Khartum the Blue Nile is bridged and the railway is continued south through the Gezira to Sennar.
- In the Gezira and in the plains of Gedaref between the Blue Nile and the Atbara there are wide areas of arable land, as also in the neighbourhood of Kassala along the banks of the Gash.