Get-off-the-ground sentence example
- In other instances, the ideas never get off the ground because academic advisors or administrators don't approve a student's preliminary plan to follow a new course of study.
- The amount of inventory you start with will dictate how much funding you'll need to get off the ground.
- The amount of inventory you start with will dictate how much funding you'll need to get off the ground and how much to charge for your work.
- New England metal band Lost Soul came so close to the big time they could taste it, but audience member violence and in-fighting between the band members put the kabash on their dreams before they could get off the ground.
- There were plans for a Breakfast Club sequel, in which all of the students were in college and together again, but director Hughes died before the project could get off the ground.Advertisement
- Hughes died before that sequel could get off the ground.
- While most reality TV casting notices are on the up and up, there are always scammers who will try to get you to pay for their services, or people who are trying to film a low-budget series that will likely never get off the ground.