Gers sentence example
- - 829,000, , 21.5 Finistre Gard About two-thirds of the French departments, corn- Gers prising a large proportion of those situated in Gironde mountainous districts and in the basin of the Garonne, Haute-Ga where the birth-rate is especially feeble, show a Haute-Lo Haute-Mi decrease in population.
- The Charente region, the grapes of which furnish brandy, as do those of Armagnac (department of Gers).
- Armagnac is a region of hills ranging to a height of 1000 ft., watered by the river Gers and other rivers which descend fanwise from the plateau of Lannemezan.
- In 1789 Armagnac was a province forming part of the Gouvernement-general of Guienne and Gascony; it was divided into two parts, High or White Armagnac, with Auch for capital, and Low or Black Armagnac. At the Revolution the whole of the original Armagnac was included in the department of Gers.
- Auch is built on the summit and sides of a hill at the foot of which flow the yellow waters of the Gers.Advertisement
- Three bridges lead from the left to the right bank of the Gers, on which the suburb of Patte d'Oie is situated.
- Till 732, Auch stood on the right bank of the Gers, but in that year the ravages of the Saracens drove the inhabitants to take refuge on the left bank of the river, where a new city was formed.
- He was constantly employed on missions in the provinces, and distinguished himself by his rigorous repression of opponents of the revolution in the departments of Landes, Basses-Pyrenees and Gers.
- From Toulouse the Garonne flows to the north-west, now skirting the northern border of the plateau of Lannemezan which here drains into it, the principal streams being the Save, the Gers and the Baise.
- Entering the department of Gers, the Adour receives the Arros on the right bank and begins to describe the large westward curve which takes it through the department of Landes to the sea.Advertisement
- Macrotherium, which is typically from the Middle Miocene of Sansan, in Gers, France, may indicate a distinct genus.
- Traditional hospitality ensured that I was invited into the felt tents of ' gers ' of Mongolian nomads.
- The Neste, a Py1-enean torrent, and the Save, the Gers and the Baise, ~sig -i the plateau of Lannemezan, are the principal left-hand tributaries of the Garonne.