Geraldine sentence example
- Conn O'Neill was a relative of Gerald Fitzgerald, and this event accordingly led to the formation of the Geraldine League, a federation which combined the O'Neills, the O'Donnells, the O'Briens of Thomond, and other powerful clans; the primary object of which was to restore Gerald to the earldom of Kildare, but which afterwards aimed at the complete overthrow of English rule in Ireland.
- For the first six years of Edward's reign the two Geraldine earls engrossed official power.
- Featuring 50 fantastic songs from some of the best loved worship leaders, including Stuart Townend, Geraldine Latty... .
- Geraldine had returned to her usual joyful self by now.
- If 'the earl had known how to profit by this victory, he might now have successfully withstood the English power in Ireland; for in every part of Ireland - and especially in the south, where James Fitzthomas Fitzgerald with O'Neill's support was asserting his claim to the earldom of Desmond at the head of a formidable army of Geraldine clansmen - discontent broke into flame.Advertisement
- Rank Fishkin wanted to propose to his girlfriend, Geraldine DeRuiter, in a spectacular way, and what better plan than to commandeer one of the most lucrative and widely watched commercial spots of the year?
- [From Anglo-Norman Invasion] Butler and Geraldine, O'Neill and O'Donnell, continued to spill each other's blood, but the feudal and tribal systems were alike doomed.