Georgios sentence example
- In the centre of the plain extends from north-east to south-west a series of low heights, now known as Turcovuni, culminating towards the south in the sharply pointed Lycabettus (1112 ft.), now called Hagios Georgios from the monastery which crowns its summit.
- His fellow-guardian Georgios Mouzalon was immediately murdered by Michael Palaeologus, who assumed the position of tutor.
- Modern criticism, while rejecting this identification, is not unwilling to accept the main fact that an officer named Georgios, of high rank in the army, suffered martyrdom probably under Diocletian.
- Georgios first appears conspicuously in history as present at the great council held in 1438 at Ferrara and Florence with the object of bringing about a union between the Greek and Latin Churches.
- At the same council was present the celebrated Platonist, Gemistus Pletho, the most powerful opponent of the then dominant Aristotelianism, and consequently the special object of reprobation to Georgios.Advertisement
- Agios Georgios The tiny fishing harbor of agios Georgios The tiny fishing harbor of Agios Georgios with great fish restaurant overlooking the sea and just 5 minutes from Coral Bay.
- Georgios includes PH and a hint of R (including beehive ), but mainly V/T.
- In church matters, as in philosophy, the two were opposed,- Pletho maintaining strongly the principles of the Greek Church, and being unwilling to accept union through compromise, while Georgios, more politic and cautious, pressed the necessity for union and was instrumental in drawing up a form which from its vagueness and ambiguity might be accepted by both parties.
- Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou was born on June 25, 1963 to a Greek father and an English mother.
- Daughter of Greek soccer player Georgios Georgiadis, she likes to party with her sorority sisters and vacation in Europe.Advertisement