Geomorphology sentence example
- Geomorphology is the part of geography which deals with terrestrial relief, including the submarine as well as the subaerial portions of the crust.
- Geomorphology is concerned, however, in the suggestions which have been made as to the cause of the distribution of heap and hollow in the larger features of the crust.
- This would have left the current authors with a clear run on geomorphology, in which they have recognized eminence.
- The site contains links to other educational materials relating to glacial geology and geomorphology, and related links.
- The research team includes expertise in climatology, meteorology, remote sensing, geomorphology and geophysics.Advertisement
- Where we have studied the surface geomorphology of a fault, earthquake seismology provides insight into the nature of the faulting at depth.
- Landserf allows students not only to explore a landscape visually, but also to investigate the geomorphology of a region by performing terrain analysis.
- Welcome to this Level 2/3 undergraduate module on fluvial geomorphology.
- This meeting was part of the conference " Shifting Lands: new insights into periglacial geomorphology " .
- A research paper on the evolution of the glacial geomorphology has been published in Quaternary Science Reviews.Advertisement
- Sussex's field class to Nova Scotia examines aspects of its glacial history, sea-level change and coastal geomorphology.
- The course will provide a foundation for the third year course in quaternary geomorphology.
- The role of geology in influencing coastal or karst geomorphology at a range of scales.
- A specialist in desert geomorphology, he has a particular interest in the human use of the natural environment.
- Students stay here several days, studying the spectacular tower karst, coastal geomorphology, mangroves, and tourism.Advertisement
- It merges into physical geography, which takes account of the forms of the lithosphere (geomorphology), and also of the distribution of the hydrosphere and the rearrangements resulting from the workings of solar energy throughout the hydrosphere and atmosphere (oceanography and climatology).
- Physical geography naturally falls into three divisions, dealing respectively with the surface of the lithosphere - geomorphology; the hydrosphere - oceanography; and the atmosphere - climatology.