Geographies sentence example
- He may be said to have set the pattern which was followed in succeeding ages by the compilers of " political geographies " Geschichte der wissenschaftlichen Erdkunde der Griechen (Leipzig, 1891), Abt.
- Physical geography he viewed as a summary of nature, the basis not only of history but also of " all the other possible geographies," of which he enumerates five, viz.
- As he states himself: " Westward I have journeyed to the parts of Etruria opposite Sardinia; towards the south from the Euxine to the borders of Ethiopia; and perhaps not one of those who have written geographies has visited more places than I have between those limits."
- Kabul is believed to be the Ortospanum or Ortospana of the geographies of Alexander's march, a name conjectured to be a corruption of Urddhasthana, " high place."
- In the early Mahommedan histories and geographies we find (according to a favourite Arabic love of jingle) Kabul and Zabul constantly associated.Advertisement
- With widely varying geographies and climates, it is generally accurate to say that the cooking of each region differs from that of the others.