Gentlest sentence example
- Death came to him at last in its gentlest form.
- Eighteenth-century Italy looked on religion with apathetic indifference, and Liguori convinced himself that only the gentlest and most lenient treatment could win back the alienated laity; hence he was always willing to excuse errors on the side of laxity as due to an excess of zeal in winning over penitents.
- A song with a great beat will make any cardio workout more effective, while the opposite kind of music, the slowest, gentlest you can imagine, can make your yoga workout a truly relaxing experience.
- Fabric: Here the fabric is cotton, one of the gentlest and most comfortable fabrics for skin, but not all cotton is created equally.
- While all lingerie should be gently washed and dried, your transparent pieces require the gentlest of care.Advertisement
- Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment: Neutrogena's On-the-Spot Acne Treatment contains a low does of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and is the gentlest over-the-counter acne treatment available.
- Bright also attempted to address the House, but, after a sentence or two delivered in a tremulous voice, he was overpowered with emotion, and declared he must leave to a calmer moment what he had to say on the life and character of the manliest and gentlest spirit that ever quitted or tenanted a human form.
- The gentlest analgesic usually prescribed is paracetamol, given three times a day (62.5 mgm under 12 months; 125 mgm 1-4 years; 250 mgm 4-10 years; 500 mgm 10-14 years; and 1 gm 15 years upwards).
- The next gentlest is codeine phosphate, given four times a day, at 1-2 mgm for every kilogram of body weight.
- Sometimes referred to as "nubs," these are the gentlest type of spike available for your golf shoes.Advertisement
- The graceful, contoured design fits comfortably on the gentlest hands.
- The treasures of the dragon's hoard are buried with his ashes; and when the great mound is finished, twelve of Beowulf's most famous warriors ride around it, celebrating the praises of the bravest, gentlest and most generous of kings.
- The eyes deserve the gentlest treatment of any area of the face, and the most beneficial gel removers are those that work quickly.
- At most we can only fill up the portrait by reference to the tinge of simple old-fashioned scholarship, which on its historic side made him an eager searcher for antiquities and among old records, and on its poetic occasionally stirred him to an excursion as far as that gentlest slope of Parnassus inhabited by the descriptive muse.
- If there were strong currents at the bottom of the ocean the uniform accumulation of the deposit of minute shells of globigerina and radiolarian ooze would be impossible, the rises and ridges would necessarily be swept clear of them, and the fact that this is not the case shows that from whatever cause the waters of the depths are set in motion, that motion must be of the most deliberate and gentlest kind.Advertisement
- He began by making use of the necessity of resisting Monmouth to increase his army, under the pretext of the danger of a repetition of the late rebellion; and ir, the regiments thus levied he appointed many Roman Catholic officers who had refused to comply with the Test Act., Rather than submit to the gentlest remonstrance, he prorogued parliament, and proceeded to obtain from the court of kings bench a judgment in favor of his right to dispense with all penalties due by law, in the same way that his grandfather had appealed to the judges in the matter of the post-nati.