Gentlemanly sentence example
- Was that it â€“ pretty words and gentlemanly deeds?
- Of course we were far too gentlemanly to mention it - much!
- How very gentlemanly of you to give people due warning.
- Duncan hoped, moreover, that his Continental experience would aid his career chances by enhancing his gentlemanly poise and social savoir-faire.
- He also occasionally taunts the police and these scenes are funny, because Connors does the taunts the police and these scenes are funny, because Connors does the taunting in a really gentlemanly and polite fashion.Advertisement
- He also occasionally taunts the police and these scenes are funny, because Connors does the taunting in a really gentlemanly and polite fashion.
- Just snap a picture as soon as he's dressed if you want to capture him at his little gentlemanly best before you head out.
- At the car, he opened the door for her in a gentlemanly way.
- In all the countries through which he travelled his memory is cherished by the native tribes who, almost without exception, treated Livingstone as a superior being; his treatment of them was always tender, gentle and gentlemanly.
- Hence came the practice which caused so much surprise and amusement to French and German travellers of the 16th and 17th centuriesthe wearing of the gentlemanly sword by the artisans of towns.Advertisement
- But instead of helping her into the wagon in the same gentlemanly manner, he grabbed her by the collar and waistband and dumped her in the front of the wagon.
- That's the gentlemanly thing to do.
- Was that it – pretty words and gentlemanly deeds?