Gentility sentence example
- There's an aura of only very slightly faded gentility about the place that I rather liked.
- America's Philo Vance had the strange gentility of Wimsey while Nero Wolf sounded more predatory.
- For three centuries French remained the court speech, and the mark of civilization and gentility.
- Oliver, raised in the Midlands, has a slight Birmingham accent, tho his natural gentility is indicated by his manners.
- In the parlor the table is set for afternoon tea and there is a rosewood piano a sure sign of Victorian gentility!Advertisement
- Bishop Heber described them as follows: - "The country is burdened with a crowd of lazy, profligate, self-called sawars (cavaliers), who, though many of them are not worth a rupee, conceive it derogatory to their gentility and Pathan blood to apply themselves to any honest industry, and obtain for the most part a precarious livelihood by sponging on the industrious tradesmen and farmers, on whom they levy a sort of blackmail, or as hangers-on to the wealthy and noble families yet remaining in the province.
- He traveled from the Victorian suburban gentility of Kingston-upon-Thames to the wild California of the 1870s.