Geniality sentence example
- The force of his intellect renders this want of geniality repulsive.
- Further he had an engaging geniality of manner and much tact in dealing with men.
- The sacrifice was a feast of social communion between the deity and his worshippers, Geniality and knit both deity and clan-members together in the bonds of a close fellowship. This genial aspect of Hebrew worship is nowhere depicted more graphically than in the old narrative (a J section = B udde's G) 1 Sam.
- But he could persevere in an astute policy under the cover of an easy geniality and had no scruples.
- Mention must also be made of his epigrams, which he styled "Trifles" (Fraszki); they are full of spirit and geniality.Advertisement
- The kingdom of Sardinia was administered upon similar principles, but with less of geniality.
- See Driver ad loc. The chief and most salient characteristic of the worship of the high places was geniality.
- The praise of the fair sex in the first poem is exceptional in the literature of his age; and its geniality may help us to understand the author's popularity with his contemporaries.
- But we find no trace of the exuberant comic power and geniality of his great contemporary.
- "What year did you enter the service?" he asked with that affectation of military bluntness and geniality with which he always addressed the soldiers.Advertisement
- In Venice he made himself very popular owing to his piety, his simplicity and geniality, and by his readiness to act in harmony with the Italian government.
- In spite of the bulk of the evidence being in favour of geniality of climate, it is necessary to observe that certain deposits have been recognized as glacial; in the culm of the Frankenwald, in the coal basins of central France, and in central England, certain conglomeratic beds have been assigned, somewhat doubtfully, to this origin.