Generalizes sentence example
- This intellectual discovery requires sensation and retention of sensation; so that sense (ea-Ono-Ls) receives impressions, imagination (0avravLa) retains them as images, intellect (Van) generalizes the universal, and, when it is intelligence of essence, is always true.
- The comparative science of civilization thus not only generalizes the data of history, but supplements its information by laying down the lines of development along which the lowest prehistoric culture has gradually risen to the highest modern level.
- It also generalizes simply to the 2D problem by taking the biggest two singular vectors instead of the biggest three.
- In illustration of this tendency, he pointed out that mind tends to assimilate a new impression to a previous content, and by generalization to bring as many impressions under as few general conceptions as possible, and succeeds so far as it generalizes from pure experience of the given.
- It generalizes and supersedes classical physics, mainly in the realm of atomic and subatomic phenomena.Advertisement
- As they begin to avoid the places or situations in which the panic attack occurred, their fear generalizes.