Gene-splicing sentence example
- With genetic engineering examples found in science fiction, it's easy to speculate future gene splicing effects on the world as we know it.
- Today advanced gene splicing procedures allow scientists to identify and remove genes, clone them and then replant them; sometimes into the same organism from which they were removed and other times into a totally different organism.
- While it may seem like something otherworldly, future gene splicing projects have the potential for real good such as treating illnesses.
- Along with using gene splicing to help improve the quality of life for humans, agricultural applications show promise that could help end hunger as we know it today.
- Through gene splicing it is possible to create plants that can survive freezing temperatures, plants that can resist pests all on their own, and plants with a longer maturation cycle.Advertisement
- One question raised by sci-fi enthusiasts is whether or not future gene splicing could lead to cloning of humans.