Gazettes sentence example
- He also set on foot a postal system between Muscovy, Courland and Poland, and introduced gazettes and bills of exchange into Russia.
- Each club has a standard of points; some hold their own shows; while others issue club gazettes.
- -The subject of French periodicals has been exhaustively treated in the valuable works of Eugene Hatin- Histoire de la presse en France (8 vols., 1859-1861), Les Gazettes de Hollande et la presse clandestine aux 17e et 18 e siecles (1865), and Bibliographie de la presse periodique francaise (1866).
- If a collection could be made of all the gazettes of Europe, for the latter half of the 18th century, a greater number of panegyrical paragraphs upon le grand Franklin would appear, it is believed, than upon any other man that ever lived."
- AUTHoRITIEs.-Although much has been written of late years about the sources of the Oxus within the region of the Pamirs, there is very little to be found in the writings of geographers of modern date descriptive of that part of its course which separates Darwaz and Afghan Turkestan from Bokhara, and that little is chiefly in the pages of reports and gazettes, &c., which are not available to the public. The following authorities may be consulted: The Report of the Pamir Boundary Commission of 1895, published at Calcutta (1897); Dr A.Advertisement
- Top Use Advanced Search for gazettes or Supplements You can use the Advanced Search option to: Search for keywords within main Gazettes.
- Gazette contacts How do I contact the gazette contacts How do I contact the Gazettes office?
- To find links to official government gazettes, see the comprehensive list hosted by the University of Michigan's Documents Center.
- The gazettes from which the old prince first heard of the defeat at Austerlitz stated, as usual very briefly and vaguely, that after brilliant engagements the Russians had had to retreat and had made their withdrawal in perfect order.