Gazetted sentence example
- In 1873 he was gazetted to the 45 t h regiment.
- Being destined for the army, the young prince was entered at the Royal Military Academy, Woolwich, in 1866, and gazetted to the Royal Engineers on the 19th of June 1868.
- On the 4th of January 1901 Sir Alfred Milner was gazetted governor of the Transvaal and Orange River Colony, being shortly afterwards created a peer as Lord Milner, and Sir Walter Hely-Hutchinson, governor of Natal, was appointed his successor as governor of the Cape Colony.
- There are native agencies at Nancowry harbour and on Car Nicobar, both of which places are gazetted ports.
- In1835-1836he was actively engaged in producing for publication a treatise on navigation, a remarkable achievement at so early a stage in his career; he was at this time made lieutenant, and gazetted astronomer to a South Sea exploring expedition, but resigned this position and was appointed to the survey of southern harbours.Advertisement
- H.C. 227, p. 10 (1872 ), xlvi (order apparently not gazetted ); and see V.C.H. Mdx.
- However, his " two bars " were not gazetted in my view.
- Educated at Westminster School and Trinity College, Dublin, he was gazetted captain in the 7th Cathcart's Horse (now 6th Dragoon Guards) in 1737, and three years later was transferred to Bragg's regiment of foot (Gloucestershire Regiment) as lieutenant-colonel; immediately afterwards the regiment sailed for active service on the Rhine, and although it was not present at the battle of Dettingen, its lieutenant-colonel was made brevet colonel and aide-de-camp to the king.
- The determination is then gazetted, and it becomes operative over a specified area, which varies in different cases, on a date fixed by the board.
- I.n the same year he was gazetted a K.C.S.I.Advertisement
- In 1689 Fenelon was gazetted tutor to the duke of Burgundy, eldest son of the dauphin, and eventual heir to the crown.