Gaultheria sentence example
- The Pacific coast Transition zone is noted for its forests of giant conifers, principally Douglas fir, Sitka spruce, Pacific cedar and Western hemlock, Here, too, mosses and ferns grow in profusion, and the sadal (Gaultheria shailon), thimble berry (Rubus nootkamus), salmon berry (Rubus spectabilis) and devils club, (Fatsia horr-ida) are characteristic shrubs.
- The following genera are also found in such positions in great luxuriance, viz.: Fagus, Anopterus, Phebalium, Eucalyptus, Richea, Cyathodes, Pomaderris, Prostanihera, Boronia, Gaultheria, Correa, Bedfordia, Aster, Archeria, Atherosperma, &c. In the extreme west the trees and larger shrubs do not appear to ascend the schistose rocky mountain slopes of the central and eastern parts.
- London: Orbis Publishing Towers GHN, Tse A, Maass WSG (1966) Phenolic acids and phenolic glycosides of Gaultheria species.
- Partridge Berry (Gaultheria) - Dwarf evergreen shrubs, G. procumbens having berries which give it a charm in winter, when it is one of the brightest plants in the rock garden.
- Gaultheria Trichophylla - An elegant little plant for the rock garden, doing admirably in sandy peat and leaf-soil.Advertisement