Gat sentence example
- Quhar Thai com, thai maid thaim gat; Barb. xiii.
- He thocht … he suld … byd thaim … That thai suld ga thar gat but mare; Leg.
- Stage Three: Gat The tabla drums now enter, playing a specific tal time cycle.
- In similar regard, you can train yourself to run faster, jump over walls that stood in your way at first, and yes, you can even "gat bitches" with a heavier vengeance than ever before.
- The origin of the name Vaygach is as dubious as its orthography; it has been held to be Dutch (waaien, to blow, and gat, a strait, hence "windy strait") or Russian, in which case it is probably a surname.Advertisement
- The principal sea-inlets in the north are the Texel Gat or Marsdiep and the Vlie, which lead past the chain of the Frisian Islands into the large inland sea or gulf called the Zuider Zee, and the Wadden or " shallows," which extend along the shores of Friesland and Groningen as far as the Dollart and the mouth of the Ems. The inland sea-board thus formed consists of low coasts of sea-clay protected by dikes, and of some high diluvial strata which rise far enough above the level of the sea to make dikes unnecessary, as in the case of the Gooi hills between Naarden and the Eem, the Veluwe hills between Nykerk and Elburg, and the steep cliffs of the Gaasterland between Oude Mirdum and Stavoren.
- At each end the tableland is rent by gorges which deepen, amidst stupendous precipices, to the channel of the Draband or " Gat " on the north, and of the Dhana on the south.
- In his rhymed chronicle Robert of Gloucester tells how "A bourgois at Bristowe - Robert Harding Vor gret tresour and richesse - so wel was mid the king That he gat him and is eirs - the noble baronie That so riche is of Berkele - mid al the seignorie."