Gasworks sentence example
- It was hard indeed for a carter drawing coal to a gasworks to recognize the necessity which compelled a reduction in his wages because wool had fallen 20 7 0.
- The corporation owns the water supply, public baths and wash-houses and the gasworks.
- The gasworks have been notably more successful than the electric plants.
- Free sulphur is also contained as "gas sulphur" in the "spent oxides" of gasworks, which are actually utilized for the manufacture of sulphuric acid.
- A siding was later added to serve a small gasworks opposite the station.Advertisement
- Such uses might include gasworks, heavy industry, hospitals and landfill sites.
- It involved land on which 11 residential properties had been constructed on the site of a former gasworks.
- A far cry from when this panorama could be snatched only by peering through a gap out over the old gasworks.
- He took over a small gasworks which had already been set up to the south of Angel Road.
- The site had long been occupied by Europe's largest gasworks.Advertisement
- The town is supplied with gas by the local gasworks, at 4/7 per 1,000 cubic feet.
- From 1814 he was employed in the city's first gasworks, eventually rising to become manager and chief engineer.
- Bell Green gasworks site The Public Inquiry into the future of the derelict gasworks site at Bell Green starts on Tuesday next week.
- The town gasworks might be sited close to the railroad to allow for the delivery of coal.
- There was a noise of business from the gasworks, and the electric lamps were all alight.Advertisement
- All the paintings shown were made during Milton's three month residency at Gasworks Studios.
- All the paintings shown were made during Milton 's three month residency at Gasworks Studios.
- Gas-lime is a product obtained from gasworks where quicklime is used to purify the gas from sulphur compounds and other objectionable materials.