Gastrin sentence example
- Other effects related to acid inhibition During treatment with antisecretory drugs, serum gastrin increases in response to the decreased acid secretion.
- Excessive secretion of gastrin (a hormone secreted into the stomach to aid in digestion) by these tumors can cause upper gastrointestinal ulcers.
- They do however produce other gastrointestinal hormones including gastrin and VIP.
- The stomach wall also secretes gastrin while the kidney produces the hormone renin.
- This gives a sensitivity of 85% when performed on all patients with a fasting gastrin of less than 400 pmol/l.Advertisement
- Another vaccine targets a hormone called gastrin, which is normally made by the pancreas.