Gastrectomy sentence example
- On 1 October a consultant surgeon performed a subtotal gastrectomy (surgical removal of part of the stomach ).
- The aims of palliative gastrectomy are often to enable oral food intake, stop bleeding or relieve pain.
- The first Billroth I partial gastrectomy was performed on a 43 year old woman in 1881 for a pyloric gastric cancer.
- If a total gastrectomy is being performed for a more proximal tumor then this sequence of events can be changed.
- The authors present their experience with laparoscopic radical gastrectomy for advanced gastric cancer.Advertisement
- Following subtotal distal gastrectomy functional long-term results might be generally better in comparison to total gastrectomy.
- Patients having undergone a D2 gastrectomy will inevitably undergo a vagotomy.