Gast sentence example
- It produced in England the Roman du Saint Graal and the Roman de Merlin, both from the pen of Robert de Borron; the Roman de Lancelot; the Roman de Tristan, which is attributed to a fictitious Lucas de Gast.
- In fact it may safely be said that, with the exception of the prose Tristan, always attributed either to Luces de Gast, or Belie de Borron, the authority of Map has been invoked for the entire vast mass of Arthurian prose romantic literature.
- The late Henri de Tourville, in his Histoire de la formation particulariste, maintained that vassal is derived from the German Gast, a guest, meaning an outsider to whom a portion of a free domain was assigned in return for rent and certain fixed services.
- The people working in the old-timey haunted house had fun trying to gast (ie. scare) the customers.
- It's interesting how word usage changes over time, so "gast" is no longer used but we still have "ghastly" and "aghast" from the same root.Advertisement
- After studying Middle English literature Emma loved using the word gast instead of scare.