Gasps sentence example
- Her breaths came in short gasps, but she refused to back down.
- He was hardly underway before he geared down for the long climb and gradually fell into a rhythm of sorts, muscle-pulling pain and gasps of breath as he inched his way up the first long incline.
- Their instrumental sound twinkles with light casting the shadows in which Maclure's gasps, exhalations and vocal melismas can be found.
- It was silent aside from her choked gasps.
- There were gasps as one of the seeds suddenly darkened and burst open.Advertisement
- There were gasps and slight moans from the eight against the wall, and this perturbed our captor.
- "What an awful fight!" said Dorothy, catching her breath in little gasps.
- Here he could contain himself no longer and went on, between gasps of laughter: "And the whole world knew...."
- This turned to gasps of disbelief and then a roar of acclaim as the thunderbolt shot crashed into the far corner of the net.
- They were featured in In Style magazine and are sure to inspire gasps of delight when your guests observe the craftsmanship.Advertisement
- The nighttime breathing problem interrupts sleep because breathing stops and the sleeper gasps for air.
- Special effect, or wicked, lenses are almost never the norm, so you'll be able to get a few startled gasps and second glances from anyone with whom you come in contact while you're wearing them.
- The child cries or gasps, forcibly exhales, stops breathing, and turns either blue (cyanotic form) or pale (pallid form).
- If you can't climb a flight of stairs without your heart pounding and your breath coming in great gasps, for instance, then you just may want to improve your cardiorespiratory endurance.
- She squirmed from his arms; her breath coming in short gasps.Advertisement
- When the ache had left her legs numb, and her breath was no longer coming in gasps, they started out again - across sand dunes - up and down.