Gasholder sentence example
- The purified gas now passes to a gasholder (sometimes known as a gasometer), which may be either single lift, i.e.
- The tank for the gasholder is usually made by FIG.
- In the year 1892 the largest existing gasholder was built at the East Greenwich works of the South Metropolitan Gas Company; it has six lifts, its diameter is 293 ft., and when filled with gas stands 180 ft.
- The governor consists usually of a bell floating in a cast iron tank partially filled with water, and is in fact a small gasholder, from the centre of which is suspended a conical valve controlling the gas inlet and closing it as the bell fills.
- A diverted road now wends between the German Gymnasium, the Culross tenement block and the one remaining gasholder.Advertisement