Gas furnace sentence example
- The ring thus prepared was placed in a cast-iron box and heated in a gas furnace.
- On a direct-fired furnace at least one man, the brigadier, must be an expert in all the operations involved; but with a gas furnace a division of labour is possible.
- For higher temperatures the bulb of the vapour density tube is made of porcelain or platinum, and is heated in a gas furnace.
- In the Royal Mint silver bars are annealed once during rolling by passing through a Bates & Peard gas furnace.
- Knowing this, and having in the Siemens regenerative gas furnace an independent means of generating this temperature, the Martin brothers of Sireuil in France in 1864 developed the open-hearth process of making steel of any desired carbon-content by melting together in this furnace cast and wrought iron.Advertisement
- The general plan of the open-hearth process was certainly conceived by Josiah Marshall Heath in 1845, if not indeed by Reaumur in 1722, but for lack of a furnace in which a high enough temperature could be generated it could not be carried out until the development of the Siemens regenerative gas furnace about 1860.
- One for the fireplace and one for the natural gas furnace which is under the house in the crawl space.