Gas-and-air sentence example
- The magnetometric method was employed, and the metals, in the form of ovoids, were heated by a specially designed burner, fed with gas and air under pressure, which directed 90 fine jets of flame upon the asbestos covering the ovoid.
- The furnaces are driven to a white heat in order to fuse the mixture and expel bubbles of gas and air.
- Io, the gas and air in one phase enter at the bottom of all three of the large vertical chambers, burn in passing up wards, and escape at once at the top, as shown by the broken m arrows.
- When " on gas," the gas and air enter at the bottom of each of the three larger vertical chambers, pass once up through the stove, and escape at the top, as shown by means of broken arrows.
- (After J.Kennedy.)Broken arrows show the path of the gas and air while the stove is " on gas," and solid arrows that of the blast while it is " on wind."Advertisement
- epidural to relieve the pain, as well as gas and air.
- swop over and bring more gas and air.
- The gas and air thus separately pre-heated to about 1100Ã‚° C. (2012Ã‚° F.) rise thence as two separate streams through the uptakes (fig.
- During this phase the incoming gas and air have been withdrawing heat from the left-hand regenerators, which have thus been cooling down, while the escaping products of combustion have been depositing heat in the right-hand pair of regenerators, which have thus been heating up. After some thirty minutes this condition of things is reversed by turning the valves K and K' 90Ã‚° into the positions shown in dotted lines, when they deflect the incoming gas and air into the right-hand regenerators, so that they may absorb in passing the heat which has just been stored there; thence they pass up through the right-hand uptakes and ports into the working chamber, where as before they mix, burn and heat the charge.
- Darlene had to go before much longer so Sue rang for a backup to swop over and bring more gas and air.Advertisement