Garden-of-eden sentence example
- The garden of Eden is referred to in Isa.
- The curious oak pulpit representing Adam and Eve expelled from the Garden of Eden came originally from the Jesuit church at Louvain, and is considered the masterpiece of Verbruggen.
- The garden of Eden is placed in the valley of the Araxes; Marand is the burial-place of Noah's wife; at Arghuri, a village near the great chasm, was the spot where Noah planted the first vineyard, and here were shown Noah's vine and the monastery of St James, until village and monastery were overwhelmed by a fall of rock, ice and snow, shaken down by an earthquake in 1840.
- No great church has yet modified its articles of religion so as to admit, for example, that the Garden of Eden was not a definite place where Eve was tempted, yet the doctrine is contradicted with approval by individuals, and the results of modern science are accepted and taught without rebuke.
- There is a physiological interpretation of the Garden of Eden.Advertisement
- Gordon they formed the Garden of Eden.
- Moreau is a fabulously blasphemous gothic replay of the Garden of Eden and a Swiftian satire on modern man's self-image.
- And like the profuse intertwining vines, this Garden of Eden weaves a magic spell that blinds love forever.
- It has, however, been interwoven with an account of the Garden of Eden from some other source (see Eden; Paradise), and perhaps in order to concentrate the attention of the reader, the description of the origin of " earth and heaven " as well as of the plants and of the rain, appears to have been omitted.
- Moreau is a fabulously blasphemous gothic replay of the Garden of Eden and a Swiftian satire on modern man 's self-image.Advertisement
- She ate the forbidden fruit and got herself and Adam kicked out of the Garden of Eden.
- It is said that Eve took a four leaf clover from the Garden of Eden as a remembrance of her time in Paradise.
- Lilith is said to be the first wife of Adam who was driven from the Garden of Eden after she refused to become Adam's subordinate.
- The Garden of Eden was located just outside of Moscow.