Gannets sentence example
- The islands are the home of a large number of birds, including terns, gannets and white egrets, though most of the indigenous species are extinct.
- On a clear day you can see Scare Rocks in Luce Bay, home to thousands of pairs of nesting gannets.
- Setting up our scopes we were soon watching gannets of various ages moving off shore.
- They are often seen in association with diving gannets feeding on the same fish.
- From here I drove to the east to Waihi Beach for some sea watching, but only few Australian gannets passed by.Advertisement
- Diving depths of northern gannets: acoustic observations of Sula bassana from an autonomous underwater vehicle.
- However, aside from a few gannets, we saw little else of interest.
- The young gannets tumble off the rock, hopefully learning to fly on the way down in this ultimate school of hard knocks.
- They were leaping quite high out of the water at times and many gannets were diving in the area.
- This ' hunt ' involves the fishermen plucking about 2,000 baby gannets from the cliff faces using long poles.Advertisement
- Out at sea gannets were passing and then a chough appeared.
- Gannets prefer wind blown rocky stacks, as they allow the birds to make vertical takeoffs and landings.