Gangways sentence example
- In other cases the remains of the gangways or bridges connecting the settlements with the shore have been discovered, but often the village appears to have been accessible only by canoes.
- Gangways are left between adjoining rows of tanks, and an overhead travelling-crane facilitates the removal of the electrodes.
- An authentic Queen stage set complete with lighted gangways, risers and stairways fitted with audience blinders.
- They have all welded steel bodies, Pullman gangways and buckeye couplings.
- Reducing the risk to health and safety - no more blocked gangways!Advertisement
- Try to avoid the awkward " estate agent shuffle " by keeping all gangways clear.
- Based on bodies supplied to Barton in 1939-42, they had side gangways in the upper saloon which permitted a height reduction.
- Entrance and exit gangways have reduced slope ramps which work well for wheelchairs.
- A big shell went through the upper deck and burst just where 56 marines were waiting to charge up the gangways, killing 49 and wounding seven.
- Cars may thus be run through long adits or through branch gangways to some central point for making up into trains.Advertisement
- It is also advisable to wash all woodwork and gangways annually with a weak solution of formalin, or other inodorous germicide.