Ganciclovir sentence example
- Is there any evidence for the use of ganciclovir in the treatment of babies with affected hearing and/or retinitis associated with congenital cytomegalovirus?
- Viral encephalitis is usually treated with antiviral drugs, including acyclovir, ganciclovir, foscarnet, ribavirin, and AZT.
- Ganciclovir (Cytovene), used to treat cytomegalovirus infections of the eye.
- Although the manufacturer does not recommend use of ganciclovir in patients below the age of 12 years, the drug is recommended by standard pediatric references for children as young as three months.
- Ganciclovir and foscarnet are antiviral medications that have been used to treat patients with weak immune systems who develop a serious illness from CMV (including retinitis).Advertisement