Gamma-globulin sentence example
- Children with chronic ITP can be treated with prednisone, immune globulin, or large doses of intravenous gamma globulin.
- Treatment of XLA consists of regular intravenous doses of commercially prepared gamma globulin (sold under the trade names Gamimune or Gammagard) to ward off infections.
- Prior to the era of gamma globulin and antibiotic treatment, approximately 90 percent of XLA individuals died before the age of eight.
- If the Rh-negative woman is not isoimmunized, a repeat antibody determination is done around 28 weeks' gestation, and the expectant woman should receive an injection of an anti-Rh (D) gamma globulin called Rhogham.
- Although various types of serums may be used to produce passive immunization, gamma globulin is the most frequently used source of human antibodies.Advertisement