Game laws sentence example
- Its domestic government has gradually, though not very quickly, improved since that time - the oppressive game-laws in particular having been abolished.
- In the next session (1845) he moved for an inquiry into the operation of the Game Laws.
- In 1848 he voted for Hume's household suffrage motion, and introduced a bill for the repeal of the Game Laws.
- Tyler demanded that all differences of rank and status should cease, that all church lands should be confiscated and divided up among the laity, that the game laws should be abolished, and that no lord should any longer hold lordship except civilly.
- Formerly the ibex was common on the mountain-ranges of Germany, Switzerland and Tirol, but is now confined to the Alps which separate Valais from Piedmont, and to the lofty peaks of Savoy, where its existence is mainly due to game-laws.Advertisement
- They were outraged at tightened game laws and the loss of the social safety net of common pasture and woodland.