Gamay sentence example
- The yield is satisfactory, and the wine made, the variety known as Gamay noir, is described as being like still champagne.
- The most important vinein fact on the slopes of the Cote d'Or practically the only vine-is the Pineau or Noirien, but in the plain and in the districts of Macon and Beaujolais the Gamay is much cultivated.
- There are about 40 different kinds of red grapes widely grown for wine around the world, ranging from the light Gamay and Pinot Noir varieties, to the popular Merlots and Zinfandels and the heavier Syrah/Shiraz.
- Instead of benefitting from age, Beaujolais wines, made from the Gamay grape, are fresh and fruity, meant to be drunk while in their youth.
- Again, I stay away from the lighter wines like Pinot Noir or Gamay.Advertisement
- V. Sattui makes many types of wine, from Riesling, Gamay, sparkling, Zinfandel, Cabernet…you name it!
- The region has a wide variety of wines that focus on three major grape varieties: Pinot Noir and Gamay for reds and Chardonnay for whites.