Gallo sentence example
- We quickly went inside for breakfast, gallo pinto, our first rice and beans.
- In the US, Dr. Robert Gallo isolates the retrovirus called HTLV-III which is also believed to cause AIDS.
- The Palazzo Farnese in Rome, one of the finest specimens of Roman Renaissance architecture, was begun under Paul III., while he was cardinal, by Antonio da San Gallo, and completed by his nephew Cardinal Alessandro under the direction of Michelangelo (1526).
- Behemoths like Gallo and Mondavi are struggling to shed their reputations of plonk vendors as legions of smaller growers are concentrating on making a quality product.
- MacMurray Ranch is a relatively new winery owned by that bulldozer of a wine company, E&J Gallo.Advertisement
- This is where Gallo's Modesto roots are, where Mondavi's Woodbridge wines are stuck in Lodi again.
- It was begun by the architect Antonio da San Gallo the younger in 1527 for Clement VII., who fled to Orvieto after the sack of Rome, and was finished by Simone Mosca under Paul III.
- Thence the Tagus flows at first northwestwards, but, after receiving the Gallo on the right, it flows west, and then south-west or west-south-west, which is its general direction for the rest of its course.
- The principal right-hand tributaries, besides the Gallo and Zezere, are the Jarama, descending from the tableland of New Castile a little below Aranjuez, the Alberche and the Tietar, which collect their head waters from opposite sides of the Sierra de Gredos, and the Alagon, from the rough and broken country between the Sierras de Gredos and Gata.
- For beef, shorthorns, Herefords, Gallo ways and AberdeenAngus cattle are bred largely, whilst for dairying purposes, shorthorns, Ayrshires, Jerseys, Guernseys and Holstein-Friesians prevail.Advertisement