Galle sentence example
- Some vases of this character, shown by Emile Galle and Daum Freres of Nancy, possessed considerable beauty.
- These improvements caused Galle to be abandoned as a port of call for steamers in favour of Colombo, while Trincomalee has been abandoned as a naval station.
- The Dutch company opened up a profitable trade with Japan and China, and prosecuted the war against Portugal with great vigour, invading Portuguese India and capturing Point de Galle in 1640, Malacca in 1641, Cochin and Cannanore in 1663.
- A table of eighty-seven calculated orbits was appended, enlarged by Encke in the second edition (1847) to 178, and by Galle in the third (1864) to 242.
- Galle; the Indo-European root appears in Gr.Advertisement
- He communicated his results by letter to Dr Galle, of the Berlin Observatory, who at once examined the suggested region of the heavens.
- There is one terrible monument that greets visitors on the road from Colombo to Galle.
- At Singapore the range is less than 5Ã‚°; and at Batavia in Java, and Galle in Ceylon, it is about the same.
- At Singapore the range is less than 5°; and at Batavia in Java, and Galle in Ceylon, it is about the same.