Galium sentence example
- In England, the following species are confined or almost confined to calcareous soils: A splenium Ruta-muraria, Melica nutans, Carex digitata, Aceras anthropophora, Ophrys ap~ifera, Thalictrum minus, Helianthemum Chamaecislus, Viola hirta, Linum perenne, Geranium lucidum, Hippocrepis comosa, Potentiila verna, Viburnum Lantana, Galium asperum (= G.
- Upon the highest summits are found Saponaria Pumilio (resembling our Silene acaulis) and varieties of Galium, Euphorbia, Astragalus, Veronica, Jurinea, Festuca, Scrophularia, Geranium, Asphodeline, Allium, Asperula; and, on the margins of the snow fields, a Taraxacum and Ranunculus demissus.
- 61); tubular, having a long cylindrical tube, appearing continuous with the limb, as in Spigelia and comfrey; rotate or wheel-shaped, when the tube is very short, and the limb flat and spreading, as in forget-me-not, Myosotis (when the divisions of the rotate corolla are very acute, as in Galium, it is sometimes called stellate or star-like); urceolate or urn-shaped, when there is scarcely any limb, and the tube is narrow at both ends, and expanded in the middle, as in bell-heath (Erica cinerea).
- bedstraw Galium verum is very extensive and dominates most of the site.
- Where Juncus spp. dominate, marsh bedstraw (Galium palustre) and greater bird's-foot trefoil (Lotus uliginosus) often sprawl among the rushes.Advertisement
- scoparuts, Potentilla procumbens, Galium hercynicum (G.
- Associated communities include the most extensive areas of U13 Deschampsia cespitosa Galium saxatile grassland in Britain.
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis) and cleavers (Galium aparine) target the lymphatic system, while echinacea (Echinacea spp.) and astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus)stimulate the immune system.