Gainers sentence example
- The final gainers, however, by the war of investitures were the Italians.
- The greatest gainers by the redistribution were the Ruthenes, whose representation was trebled, though it is still far from being proportioned to their numbers.
- Christian's finances were certainly readjusted thereby, but the ultimate gainers by the confiscation were the nobles, and both education and morality suffered grievously in consequence.
- The issue in the Jewish story is that Esther saves her people; in the Nights the gainers are "the daughters of the Moslems," but the old story had, of course, some other word than "Moslems."
- In fact, the net gainers from decommissioning have been the clearing banks.Advertisement
- Senior officials will lose out; they are biggest gainers from the final salary link.
- He continues to explain that for hard gainers you must shock your body into growth.
- Rural areas were the main gainers of migrants from the rest of the UK.
- Reuters noted that this made it one of the leading percentage gainers on the Brussels stock market.
- But it soon became evident that the only gainers by the war were the Athenians, who in 389, under Thrasybulus, tried to found their old empire anew (see Delian League).Advertisement