Gabel sentence example
- Determined to make his way in this "new Promised Land," the young adventurer contrived to secure the protection of Kristoffer Gabel, the king's confidant, and in 1663 was appointed the royal librarian.
- The Kongelov is dated and subscribed the 14th of November 1665, but was kept a profound secret, only two initiated persons knowing of its existence until after the death of Frederick III., one of them being Kristoffer Gabel, the king's chief intermediary during the revolution, and the other the author and custodian of the Kongelov, Secretary Peder Schumacher, better known as Griffenfeldt.
- When the duke ascended the Danish throne as Frederick III., Gabel followed him to Copenhagen as his private secretary and man of business.
- Gabel, who veiled under a mysterious reticence considerable financial ability and uncommon shrewdness, had great influence over the irresolute king.
- During the brief interval between King Charles X.'s first and second attack upon Denmark, Gabel was employed in several secret missions to Sweden; and he took a part in the intrigues which resulted in the autocratic revolution of 1660 (see Denmark: History).Advertisement
- Lorien Gabel, Co-Founder and CEO of pingg , shared some thoughts with LoveToKnow Party about choosing and using online invites and the unique offerings of his company in the online invitation market.