Gabbros sentence example
- They include gypsum, dolomite, conglomerates, phyllites, and a basic series of eruptive rocks (gabbros, peridotites, serpentines).
- A few hornblendeschists are metamorphosed gabbros; others have developed from dikes or sills of lamprophyre.
- Syenites, gabbros, norites and volcanic rocks are also represented.
- Archean gneiss, Cambrian sandstone, Silurian quartzite, limestone and schist, Jurassic sandstone and limestone, Cretaceous sandstone, and Tertiary basalts, gabbros, and granitic rocks all enter into the composition of the islands.
- The axis along which they have been elevated runs north-east and south-west, and on either flank a series of " green rocks " appears, consisting of altered amygdaloidal andesitic lavas, intrusive dolerites, coarse gabbros and diorites, and at Beagh-beg and Creggan in central Tyrone ancient rhyolitic tuffs.Advertisement
- Other stones sold as granite may include Gabbros, such as Absolute Black, or stones pulled from the bottom of river beds, such as Verde Marrinache.