Fusarium sentence example
- The determining cause of the formation of the tubers is not certainly known, but Professor Bernard has suggested that it is the presence of a fungus, Fusarium solani, which, growing in the underground shoots, irritates them and causes the swelling; the result is that an efficient method of propagation is secured independently of the seed.
- This form of fruit is succeeded by others which have received different names, and lastly by the mature Nectria which forms minute red flask-shaped perithecia on parts of the rotted potatoes that have dried up. The intermediate forms are known as Monosporium, Fusarium and Cephalosporium.
- In Europe alone, fusarium head blight destroys a fifth of wheat harvests.
- Fusarium rot, which usually causes the corm to disintegrate in the soil or during storage, shows itself as corrugated surface lesions.
- The role of saprophytic microflora in the development of fusarium ear blight of winter wheat caused by Fusarium culmorum.Advertisement
- More Advice for wheat farmers published Tuesday 20 June 2006 The Agency has published advice to help farmers reduce fusarium mycotoxins in wheat.
- More Managing fusarium mycotoxin risk The Agency is currently developing a Code of Practice to reduce fusarium mycotoxins in cereals.
- The greatest fusarium patch infection occurs from early fall to early winter when the potassium level of tissue is approaching its lowest level.
- Gardeners and farm laborers convey spores from one bed or field to another; carted soil, manure, &c., may abound in spores of Smuts, Fusarium, Polyporei and in sclerotia; and articles through the post and so forth often carry infective spores.
- This stands for Verticillium, Fusarium and Nematode resistance material.Advertisement