Furtive sentence example
- The records showed furtive criminal activity.
- She gave a furtive look at the deserted shops on the opposite side of the road.
- He watched her furtive glances, waiting for the signal to approach.
- Presently the boy began to steal furtive glances at the girl.
- I was sure she was searching for information on Julie O'Malley, in spite of Martha's objections as she gave furtive glances toward her coworker's office.Advertisement
- Our first task as practitioners is to document what goes on in this very furtive field.
- At social gatherings she's always lurking on the edge of the proceedings looking slightly furtive.
- In a long gloomy corridor the Vixen had become suddenly furtive, looking all around.
- In connexion with this work it must be remembered that Vambery could write down but a few furtive notes while with the dervishes, and dared not take a single sketch; but the weird scenes, with their misery and suffering, were so strongly impressed on his memory that his, book is convincing by its simplicity, directness and evidence of heroic endurance.
- This blatancy factor, embedded in UFO waves, alternates with periods in which UFO behavior seems more subtle, even furtive.Advertisement
- His furtive eyes and jutting chin capture the two sides of the man: a craven, clever bully.