Ftt sentence example
- England therefore, having to act alone, landed troops ftt Ismailia under Sir Garnet Wolseley, and suppressed the revolt by the battle of Tell-el-Kebir on the 13th of September 1882.
- Failure to thrive (FTT) is a term used to describe children whose physical growth over time is inadequate when compared to a standard growth chart.
- Studies show that only between 5 percent and 26 percent of FTT cases are due to a purely organic cause.
- Children in abusive or neglectful families are at higher risk of FTT, but these cases make up only a small proportion of the total.
- The long-term goal for every child with FTT is to provide adequate energy intake for growth.Advertisement
- Therefore, even if no causative factor is uncovered for a child with FTT, aggressive dietary management is the key to successful treatment.
- Older children with FTT may benefit from adding cheese, sour cream, butter, margarine, or peanut butter to meals.
- Whether FTT results from organic or non-organic reasons, children with this condition require aggressive calorie supplementation.
- The cognitive outcome of children who have had FTT is not clear, and this may lead to emotional and behavioral problems later.