Frictionless sentence example
- Thomson (Lord Kelvin) to form a theory of vortex atoms in a homogeneous, incompressible and frictionless liquid."
- Frictionless coatings that never wear out in machines that last for centuries.
- An important feature added to the discussion by Adams is the different behaviour of spectral lines 880 860' 840' 820' 800 780' 760 740' 720' 700 0 consider first a frictionless fluid.
- Now if this state be supposed established in a frictionless fluid, the con sideration of internal friction would simply extend the char acteristics found at any spot to the neighbourhood, and there fore if the boundary were a sphere and so for a frictionless fluid an exception, it would cease to be an exception when we allow for viscosity.
- Now, whatever be the direction in which a body is moving, a frictionless constraint, like a string attached to the body, can cause its velocity to be changed into the vertical direction without any change taking place in the magnitude of the velocity.Advertisement
- Furthermore, because most lingerie fabrics are rather frictionless, they will slide around in too large a box unless they are adequately secured with pins (choose slender pins that will not damage the fabric).
- In Thomas Walker's harpoon or frictionless log, introduced in 1861, the wheelwork was enclosed in a cylindrical case of the same diameter as the body of the rotator or fan, and the latter was brought close up to the register, forming a compact machine and avoiding the use of the 6-ft.
- If this relation is true along all paths, the velocity of the aether must be of irrotational type, like that of frictionless fluid.
- Artificial membranes are seldom or never perfectly semi-permeable - some leakage of solute nearly always occurs, but the imperfections of actual membranes need no more prevent our use of the ideal conception than the faults of real engines invalidate the theory of ideal thermodynamics founded on the conception of a perfect, reversible, frictionless, heat engine.
- If the system be subject to frictionless constraints, e.g.Advertisement
- Given perfect information, frictionless markets, and other theoretical impossibilities, a finite amount of utility can be achieved in that way.