Free-thought sentence example
- Thus free thought received a check, by which not only ecclesiastical but political tyrants knew how to profit.
- In the hands of Parmenides this spirit of free thought developed on metaphysical lines.
- Two other tendencies were also manifest during the last few decades before the war: a movement among the intellectual classes, and to some extent among workers also, towards a non-ecclesiastical religious life; and an " Away from Rome " movement which in one aspect helped to recruit the ranks of Free Thought and on the other hand resulted in a growth of the Protestant churches.
- Further large secessions took place in favour of the Free Thought movement.
- The Roman Catholics hated her as the land par excellence of Protestantism and free thought.Advertisement
- But science and free thought then, as now, in Islam, depended almost solely on the tastes of the wealthy and the favour of the monarch.
- From 1874 to 1888 she worked in close association with Bradlaugh both in politics and in free-thought propaganda, as a lecturer and a writer of pamphlets over the signature of "Ajax."
- In addition to her numerous free-thought pamphlets and a large number of later works on theosophy, she published her Autobiography in 1893, The Religious Problem in India (1902) and other books.
- But, though he was an ardent politician (having from his childhood embraced republicanism and a peculiar variety of romantic free-thought), he was first of all a man of letters and an inquirer into the history of the past.
- After the change in tiry u- Russian policy and the failure of the powers to secure reforms, the advanced party amongst the Armenians, some of whom had been educated in Europe and been deeply affected by the free thought and Nihilistic tendencies of the day, determined to secure their object by the production of disturbances such as those that had given birth to Bulgaria.Advertisement
- The psychological distinction between the 3 Art, three forms is that sensuous perception (Anschauung) religion is the organon of the first, presentative conception and (Vorstellung) of the second and free thought of the third.
- Self-reliance, free-thought and mental growth were not encouraged.
- It had its roots in the rationalism of the 18th Century and the free thought movement of the 19th Century.