Free-milling sentence example
- The process is rarely applied to ores direct; free-milling ores are generally amalgamated, and the tailings and slimes, after concentration, operated upon.
- It is best adapted for free-milling ores, especially after the bulk of the gold has been removed by amalgamation.
- A silver ore is either free-milling or refractory, that is, the silver mineral is readily amalgamated or it is not.
- In free-milling ore the silver is present either in the native state, or as chloride or as simple sulphide.
- The yield in silver is low unless the ores are exceptionally free-milling; the bullion produced is high-grade, as refractory silver minerals are hardly attacked.Advertisement
- The average annual product of India for the period 1886 to 1899 inclusive was £698,208, and its present annual product averages about 550,000 oz., or about £2,200,000, obtained almost wholly from the free-milling quartz veins of the Colar goldfields in Mysore, southern India.