Fraudulently sentence example
- American ships were fraudulently transferred to neutral flags.
- Claims of enormous aggregate value were thus considered and a large part of those dating from the last years of Mexican dominion (many probably artfully concocted and fraudulently antedated after the commission was at work) were finally rejected.
- Another frequent subject of complaint was found in certain sacred vessels which the bishop of Sirmium had sent as a bribe to the secretary of Attila, and which had been by him, fraudulently, as his master contended, pawned to a silversmith at Rome.
- Navarre went to a daughter, and Roussillon was somewhat fraudulently retained by Louis XI.
- In the case of those oils which do not belong to the rape oils and yet show abnormally low saponification values, the suspicion is raised at once that a certain amount of mineral oils (which do not absorb alkali and are therefore termed "unsaponifiable") has been admixed fraudulently.Advertisement
- He was acting against a clearing bank in relation to the recovery of substantial monies fraudulently obtained by a former employee and his accomplices.
- We will have the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained gift certificate is suspected.
- Mr Brodie said: " We say that they adopted grossly improper means for fraudulently inflating votes cast in their favor.
- In this instance, the tested telexes were sent fraudulently.
- If any money-lender, or any manager, agent or clerk of a moneylender, or any person being a director, manager or other officer of a corporation carrying on the business of a money-lender, by any false, misleading or deceptive statement, representation or promise, or by any dishonest concealment of material facts, fraudulently induces, or attempts to induce, any person to borrow money or to agree to the terms on which money is to be borrowed, he is declared by the act to be guilty of a misdemeanour and is liable on indictment to imprisonment with or without hard labour for a term not exceeding two years, or to a fine not exceeding five hundred pounds, or to both.Advertisement
- Companion dogs and cats have been stolen or fraudulently obtained by licensed animal dealers and sold to vivisection facilities.
- What's to stop them from using your card fraudulently?
- If you use a Bank of America MasterCard to make a purchase online or elsewhere and the information is stolen and used fraudulently by someone else then you are not liable for the charges.
- The IRS specifically warns users against using third-party sites to access the service, as they may fraudulently collect a user's personal information.
- This arrangement was adopted, not for the purpose of fraudulently selling bad material under cover of the better exterior, but in order that the outside of the roll should be composed of that which would best stand wear and tear.Advertisement