Frame of reference sentence example
frame of reference
- By motion we mean of necessity motion relative to some frame of reference which is conventionally spoken of as fixed.
- When, in any problem, the values of u, v, w, p, q, r have been determined as functions of t, it still remains to connect the moving axes with some fixed frame of reference.
- - In many problems, such as the motion of a solid in liquid, it is convenient to take coordinate axes fixed to the solid and moving with it as the movable trihedron frame of reference.
- But sometimes it is hard to tell them apart when we don't have an offline frame of reference.
- By learning some basics about wine, you gain a larger frame of reference from which you can evaluate what you taste.Advertisement
- Intimacy is one of the best things about love, when lives begin to have a common frame of reference and experience.
- Clearly, there's plenty to work with here, so use price as your first frame of reference.
- The reader will have a frame of reference to work from when reading the new information.
- Creating a website is often a personal matter, and communication is very often facilitated better with a mutual frame of reference.
- The components of velocity of the moving origin are denoted by U, V, W, and the components of angular velocity of the frame of reference by P, Q, R; and then if u, v, w denote the components of fluid velocity in space, and u', v', w' the components relative to the axes at a point (x, y, z) fixed to the frame of reference, we have u =U +u' - yR +zQ, v =V +v -zP +xR, w=W +w -xQ +yP.Advertisement
- The moving axes Ox, Oy, 01 form a rigid frame of reference whose motion at time t may be specified by the three component angular velocities p, q, r.